Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We finally made it home! We must have had luck on our side, because we flew out of Dublin when they reopened the airport at 1pm right on time. Our flight was great--those tvs in the front of your seat are fantastic. Two movies and a couple tv shows later we were in Chicago. It all feels like it was a dream......like you woke up and nothing had changed while you were away. The cats want to be fed, the dog needs to go out, and the kids are asking, "What's for breakfast?" I tried going back to sleep but that wasn't happening. It feels really good to be home. The girls are so happy to see everyone, including all the animals. I wonder how long it will be before the bottoms of my feet start itching. I love to travel but now I love it even more that the girls like it too. They were fantastic on the entire adventure. I want to say a HUGE thank you to a few of you. Without you we just couldn't have made this trip possible--my mom and dad, for watching the house and running little errands for us, to Heather and Aaron for taking on Raisin for those long months and to Lynn and Aaron for babysitting our two kitties. Thank you so much.
Lucy waiting so patiently at the airport.

Finally, she's complete. Lucy and her hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment