Friday, February 12, 2010

2 1/2 Months


Well, we've been here 2 1/2 months. It feels like we've been here a lot longer. Not in a bad way though. It's been very easy to feel at home. Once you get down the driving and find the essentials-grocery, gas, library, park-it's just like home!
We have a GPS here. I was a little skeptical at first. I'd see them advertised as hot items for Christmas. I know how to read a map and Tim knows how to read a map so the GPS is for people who don't, right? It has been a life saver here. If you've ever been to Ireland you know there is very minimal street signs.....like almost none. You'll be at the intersection out in the country, no street signs, but the GPS knows the road names. How weird is that?

We've never been big into tech gadgets, except iPods (love those things) but man, the GPS is amazing. It knows where everything is. Most of you know Tim and I are like the last two people on the face of the earth without cell phones. That's changed too. It was more out of necessity--no land line in the house and I've yet to see a pay phone. GPS and cell phones, oh my! My embrace for technology just got a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment