Friday, February 19, 2010

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

After two flights, a bus ride, a train ride and then a cab ride Ruth (Tim's mom) finally made it! Thursday morning was a bit like "Where's Ruth?" because I didn't know what train she's be coming into Athlone on. The girls and I did a drive-by of the train station around 11:40....no Ruth. So we went home and thought we'd do another drive by at 1:00 since that's the second train in from Dublin. Tim calls and is wondering if I'd heard from her. Nope. Tim calls me back. She's at PPD! She met the cab driver who shuttles all the PPD employees and he instantly knew who she was. So he gave her a ride to PPD. You have to love the perks of a small town. So I went and picked her up and brought her home! She keeps getting in on my side of the car. It's ok--we all did it when we got here too! The girls are so excited. Sofie even tucked Ruth in last night and woke her up this morning. The fun will start tomorrow--Tim's finally got some time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment