Sunday, March 28, 2010

Glendalough

On the way through Avoca, we stopped at Avoca Handweavers. Can you see in the sign that the date is 1723? 1723! We saw a couple looms set up but they weren't running. They make the most amazing wool blankets and scarves. Needless to say, when I walked into the shop I was in heaven. After we made a few purchases, we drove on to Glendalough. As we pulled into the visitor's center, I had major de ja vu. I had been here before. Fifteen years ago when my roommate and I came to Dublin for a weekend, we took a bus out into the country for the day. I didn't keep much of a diary or travel log back then and I can't remember that far back anyway. I know I took much better pictures this time around. Glendalough is a 6th century monastic settlement, that's set in among the Wicklow Mountains. Just the drive through the mountains to Glendalough is a trip in itself. The roads are very narrow and very curvy. Tim's just dying for his motorcycle.














No comments:

Post a Comment