Monday, March 15, 2010

Riding Lesson VIII

Lucy on J.R.
Sofie on Pele
Well, we're back to our normal, quiet routine. Tim's caught another cold so we stayed home all weekend. The girls need a break from being in the car too. Only for a couple of days though. We're heading to Dublin on Wednesday. In case you don't know, it's St. Patrick's Day! We're going to a hurling match after the parades. The gorgeous weather continues......sunny and 50. I've heard people comment that April is the best month here.
The time is going by so quickly and there's still so much to see! It's hard to believe we've been here a little over 3 months. Tim and I both feel like it's now our second home. Everything people tell you about Irish hospitality is true. I've never met more friendly people. Not creepy friendly either; there's something so warm and decent about having a cup of tea next to the fire with a stranger that makes it feel like you're dear old friends. Is it the fire? The tea? I don't know but I'm hording tea to bring home and I've made plans to tear out our sterile gas fireplace and replace it with a real fireplace--hearth and all! There's something so primal about gathering around an open flame-listening to it snap and pop, poking in it, and watching the flames and embers glow. We will need a project when we get home and really, how hard can it be, right? I've got Tim!

1 comment:

  1. And if you get stuck, Steven can help you out! It looks like you guys are having a great time.
    I agree, tea by a fire make things friendly.

    ReplyDelete