Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring is Here!

The weather here is gorgeous! The girls and I went out to Birr Castle with a picnic this afternoon. The gardens are beautiful in the winter but in the spring? Wow. The flowers were blooming, the grass is green, and we even saw a few butterflies.

First came the ducks, then came the swan. He was almost as big as Sofie! His mate was sitting on a nest not to far from us on an island out in the pond. Sofie picked the cheese off her sandwich and fed it to him. Swans like cheese. Who knew?



I had to put this photo of Lucy up here. This is one of the best shots I've ever taken of her. She's tough to capture. Photgraphing kids is like trying to photograph your dog. They move unpredictably, make silly faces, or just run from you! It's the easiest when they're sleeping. The girls say I'm their paparazzi. It's true. It's even worse now I don't have to take a break and change film!







No comments:

Post a Comment